Top 10 Foods That Burn Belly Fat
Belly fat, a common problem where the mid-portion comes bulging out. We all hate it because it stops us from wearing skirts or dresses because the belly portion is too evident. Start by knowing the reasons for fat accumulation in your tummy so that you can take the necessary steps.
Why fat accumulates in your belly?
- Hormonal changes: women acquire fat around their belly mainly due to some hormonal changes in her body after menopause. With the hormonal change, metabolism gets weaker resulting in fat accumulation around belly.
- Genes: If obesity runs in your genes, it will happen and you can’t help it.
- Too many calories: with excess calories intake, it transforms into fats. Excess junk food; make it difficult to burn so many calories, resulting in fatness.
- Stress: its human nature to eat too much under stress, eventually leading to fat accumulation.
- Lack of sleep: it leads to indigestion resulting in gas formation and puffs up your belly making it look flabby.
How fat accumulates in your belly?
Carbohydrate, protein and fat rich foods serve as a catalyst to produce energy to perform various functions. The excess is stored as fat in the fat cells of our body.
With fat foods, the fat cells run out of space and then get stored within muscle linings.
They are mainly present in the waist, hips and chest area and when there is no more space in the cells, it starts accumulating in the muscle linings leading to a flab.
Losing this additional fat from the problem areas are one of the biggest concerns for many of us. We have established this already. Now what do we do about it?
Besides exercising, you also need to have a proper diet that includes food to reduce belly fat. Your diet and exercise combo should be such that you’ll burn more calories than you consume. Teenagers are lovers for fast and fatty foods. But if you are really serious to reduce the embarrassing waistline, then you need to give up on those high-calorie tasty foods.It is time to look up some of the foods that burn belly fat.
Fat Burning Foods
Here are some essential foods that burns fat that fat around your belly.
1. Fruits: Fruits are very low calorie content, rich in vitamins and minerals. Establish this as an essential food to burn belly fat in your diet!
Citrus fruits like orange, lemon, kiwi, tangerine, fresh limes are excellent fat burners that boosts metabolism and the acid present in it burns fat faster compared to other fruits.
Other fat-burning fruits include apple, watermelon, grapes and strawberries.
2. Vegetables: are rich in minerals and water content, their calorie content is lower than fruits. And this makes it another essential addition to our diet as foods that reduce belly fat.
Cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, beans; peas are all very rich in minerals and have nil fat content in them.
Include them in your meal for best benefits.
3. Pulses: Pulses or dalis rich in amino acids, low on calories, and fat. Simple boiled dal is healthier than fried or spiced up dal. Eat right to reap health benefits.
4. Oats:Oats contain insoluble fiber and some carbohydrates that curb your hunger, give you strength for better workout and reduce fat content in your body. Oats come fourth in the list. Having a bowl of oats with skimmed milk for breakfast is the best thing you can opt in the morning. When you are buying oatmeal, make sure that you choose one that is flavorless. Flavoured oats contain sugar and chemicals. Oats being high in fibers and help in digestion properly.
5. Almonds and walnuts: Nuts keep your stomach full for a longer time and they are good fats that do not add to your calories. Nuts in general are a good source of nutrients to burn fat for girls who are vegetarian. Nuts are full of omega-3 fat that increases energy and metabolism.
6. Eggs: An egg is a protein rich food that is low in calories and fat. Having one boiled egg daily will help burn belly fat. Other than being a rich source of proteins, minerals and anti-oxidants, eggs also contain an amino acid called leucine. This acts as a catalyst in burning extra fats. So having an egg during breakfast is a must for teenagers.
cc licensed ( BY SA ) flickr photo shared by ???
7. Fish: Salmon, mackerel, tuna are rich in protein, include good fatty acids (omega 3 acid) and mono saturated fatty acids that boost metabolism and are good belly fat burning foods.
8. Water: Have lots and lots of water to increase your metabolism and burn fats.
9. No sugary foods: All sugary foods should take a back seat in your diet list. Avoid them altogether except on occasions.
10. Whey proteins: These proteins can be consumed as supplements to reduce weight. They burn the fats and help building muscles.
Losing belly fat is really not a big issue if not genetic. Some practices, some precautions, and you will be ready to flaunt a wash-board stomach.
This content was originally published here.